Saturday, October 1, 2016

The Breaking of Beauty


Dallas cathedral altar, before and after the aggiornamento.

"And I took my rod that was called Beauty, and I cut it asunder to make void my covenant, which I had made with all people. And it was made void in that day: and so the poor of the flock that keep for me, understood that it is the word of the Lord. And I said to them: 'If it be good in your eyes, bring hither my wages: and if not, be quiet.' And they weighed for my wages thirty pieces of silver." —Zacharias xi

6 comments:

  1. If there was a baldachino in the second pic, it would be exponentially more beautiful. There's just too much empty space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meanwhile... 5 hours south of Dallas in the city of San Antonio

    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/44/f6/4e/44f64eb5f6f02dc22f8bfb48f8f22687.jpg

    https://c5.staticflickr.com/5/4073/4824372068_0d2b895821_z.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. The work of the iconoclast is never done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A two thousand word essay describing our descent from Theocentrism to Anthropocentrism

    ReplyDelete